Labs will be taking place the entire day, however, some will be limited based on availability. Please register to maximize your experience and to get access to exclusive labs.
8:00 AM – Vendor Set-up – Light Breakfast & Tea Featuring Classy Hippie Tea
9:00 AM – Registration
9:30 AM – Welcome Ceremony & Opening Remarks (Patelco Credit Union)
9:45 AM – Learning Labs & Exhibition A
- Round 1 – InnoVisions – Featuring Dr. Sheryl White of NHA
- Distinguished Gentleman – Fashion & Clothing Transformation (Must Pre-Register)
- Vision Barbering – Mobile Barber Studio (Must Pre-Register)
- Photography Head Shots & Senior Photos
- Winsome Hitchcock Photography
- Round 2 – Civil Service & US ARMY – Leadership Reaction Course
- Communication & Medical
- Leadership & Fitness Challenge
- Sacramento Metro Fire – Firefighter Rescue Experience
- Valley HS – Health Tech Academy Community Health Worker Training Program
- Smoothie Bike – Best Smoothie Competition (Must Sign-Up)
- Round 3 – CreatorX Studios – “Create, Capture, Catalogue & Broadcast”
- David Garibaldi – World Performance Painter
- FDYC Teen Media Bus – Music Production, DJ’ing & Multi-media
- Round 4 – Patelco Credit Union – Pictionary Game Show
- Financial Empowerment
12:30 pm – Lunch & Special Presentation – Featuring World Famous David Garibaldi & David Sullivan +Live Musical Performance by Jeff Turner, Wendell Fishman & Company
1:30 pm – Learning Labs & Exhibition B
- Round 5 – Construction Lab – Elite Ready Mix featuring concrete mixing truck & lab
- Matrix Escape Room – Presented by students TPLP
- Sheet Metal Workers Union – Hands-on Mobile Truck
- Build Your Future – Housing Problem Solving – Section 8 Managers,
- Round 6 – Artistry & Culture
- Ninja Experience
- Fenix African Drum & Dance
- Boxing Demo
- Dr. Stan Oden – Emeritus Professor
- Round 7 – Sports Exhibition – Presented by Reflexion Edge
- Football VS Futbol – The battle for “Athleticas”
- Volleyball – Serve Up Challenge
- “Best Hands Competition”
- Round 8 – STEM Lab – Building systems, designing prototypes, and scientific inquiry
- La Jolla Alcohol Research, Inc. – Featuring Neuroscience Engineer Maury Cole
- Pharmacy Technician – Charles A. Jones School
- Aviation & Engineers – Helicopter & Airplane Engine Maintenance
3:30 pm – Awards, Recognition, Merch, Prizes, Giveaways & Closing Ceremony!
5:00 pm – Event Closure
Learning Labs & Experience
Optional Format: Organizations, schools, and sponsors will send student delegations, small groups or teams to participate in the exhibition. The event’s emphasis on educational hands-on learning labs will hone in on wrap-around services: cradle-2-career, chartered pathways for A-G, and physical and intellectual stations. The goal is for students to walk away with diverse discipline exposure, enriched pathways, to exercise physically and through cerebral cognition. Thus, sparking greater accounts of a sense of belonging, personal endeavor via personal capacity, and most of all, having fun exploring untapped pathways. See it in action with our Reflexion Asset below. Also, view some of our other “student-proposed” labs here!
Participation: Most exhibition participants will be organized in a small group format. There are current slots available for the exhibition. Groups will rotate by round between learning labs and the various stations throughout the event. Detailed instructions for each experience will be listed and “previewed” as well as on the website prior to the event.
Guest/Spectators: Additional tickets will be available for sponsors, community partners, and student supporters. Also, select early bird tickets will be offered at a subsidized rate. Supporters and non-team participants can attend by paying a general admission (spectator pass), which allows individuals to experience the event and gain exposure to several educational pathways.
ALL STUDENT PARTICIPANTS MUST COMPLETE BOTH WAIVER & ACTIVATION.